Municipal Drinking Water and Wastewater
We understand that safe drinking water is critical to sustainability of everyone; it must be clean and readily available in sufficient quantities to address growth. Wastewater systems are equally as critical and bring challenges when replacing aging infrastructure or expanding existing service. EA provides a team of scientists, engineers, construction managers, and IT professionals that can address the wide variety of water and wastewater projects facing our clients today across the entire project life cycle. Typical projects may include:
From feasibility studies, hydraulic modeling, and evaluations to multi-disciplined upgrade with construction management and operation, our over 40-year history in the industry provides us with a foundation to address any project. Our breadth of professionals’ expertise combining engineering with science gives us an advantage to address some of the more unique issues such as source tracking, sustainability, or complex environmental concerns.
Wastewater treatment is critical to industries throughout the world. Industrial wastewater poses substantial health, safety, environmental, and reputational risks. Even with its endless complexities due to variable product mix, processing requirements, resource limitations, and discharge regulations, it is imperative that management of this necessary byproduct does not deter from an industry’s primary focus. Our consultants spend individualized time with each client to fully understand his/her unique processes, objectives, and constraints in order to complete design, permitting, or consulting projects in a sustainable and economic manner with minimal impact to staff and resources. Our engineers are expert in many types of wastewater treatment from simplest to complex, including:
- Oil/Water Separation—Oil/water separators and dissolved air flotation.
- Chemical Treatment—Chromium reduction, cyanide destruction, and Fenton oxidation reaction.
- Chemical Precipitation—Hydroxide, sulfide, organic precipitants, aluminum and iron salts, bio-coprecipitation, and flocculation (anionic and cationic products by many manufacturers).
- Biological Treatment—Moving bed bioreactors, membrane bioreactors, biofilters, constructed wetlands, activated sludge, and anaerobic treatment.
- Clarification—Inclined pate separators, dissolved air flotation, conventional center feed clarifiers, traveling bridge.
- Filtration—Multi-media filters, nanofiltration, microfilters, and micron cartridge/bag filters.
- Granular Activated Carbon Adsorbers.
- Ion Exchange.
- Membrane Separation—Reverse osmosis.
- Sewage Treatment—Package plants, household scale systems, and biological systems.
- Sludge Dewatering—Thickening, centrifuge, filter press, and drying beds.
EA’s team also has experience in wastewater across a variety of industries including railroads, airports, power production, metal plating plants, consumer product manufacturers, food and pet food facilities, fiber optics production, agricultural sites, and others.
From NPDES permitting to detailed Process and Instrumentation or three-dimensional BIM design, analysis in our complete wastewater treatability and toxicity laboratories, and operation across a variety of treatment technologies, EA’s team of professionals will provide you with experience.
“…your extraordinary efforts involving the rehabilitation of pump station #1…resulted in total savings to the County of $242,310…We are truly thankful for your efforts to save precious County resources… We consider ourselves fortunate to have such dedicated and conscientious consultants such as you serving our departments and the citizens…” Louise L. Gulyas, President Worcester County, MD Commissioners December 5, 2008