EA’s PFAS expertise includes:
- Site Investigations/PFAS-Impacted Media Sampling—Our field personnel are trained to take additional PFAS sampling precautions required to avoid cross-contamination.
- Conceptual Site Models—EA develops conceptual site models using environmental sequence stratigraphy to effectively target PFAS sources and identify migration pathways toward sensitive receptors.
- Environmental Forensics—EA’s geologists and scientists are trained in utilizing advanced ultra-high resolution qualitative and quantitative PFAS analysis methodologies for chemical fingerprinting and source attribution.
- Risk Assessment/Risk Communication—EA’s technical experts and Ecotoxicology Laboratory scientists are active in research relating to the ecotoxicity of PFAS. Additionally, our human health and ecological risk assessors are experienced in food-web modeling, chemical fingerprinting for source attribution, fate and transport analyses, risk-based threshold determination, cleanup goal assessment and development, and equilibrium model applications.
- Fate and Transport Modeling—EA utilizes enhanced conceptual site model graphics, and three-dimensional visualization and modeling to spatially incorporate physical, chemical, and geological factors that affect PFAS fate and transport.
- Remedial Alternative Development and Design—Remedial strategies and waste management decision-based framework focused on source reduction and exposure pathway elimination.
- Regulatory Support—With a portfolio of PFAS projects in 46 states, participation in Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council’s PFAS work group, and American Council of Engineering Companies Water Energy and Environment workgroup, EA knows well in advance of any pending state or federal level PFAS legislation, initiatives, or regulatory actions.
- PFAS Release Mitigation—EA provides potable water treatment and alternate water supply support for private residences and commercial/public establishments in communities where PFAS has affected drinking water supplies.
- PFAS Waste Management—We assist commercial clients with the proper removal, decontamination, disposition, and replacement of legacy aqueous film-forming foam (AFFF) in fire suppressions systems with newer fluorotelomer-based AFFF formulations, and our EnviTreat Laboratory performs treatability studies for wastewater treatment plant sludge management.
- Research and Development—EA is actively engaged in rigorous applied scientific research related to the environmental fate, toxicity, and treatment of PFAS.