EA’s capabilities include sample collection and analysis, and environmental characterization in coastal and offshore waters. We offer a wide variety of marine and aquatic survey capabilities and standalone oceanographic services, including the following:
- Seafloor and Seabed Characterization—EA employs optical, acoustic, and electromagnetic survey tools to conduct seafloor and seabed characterization projects, ranging from broad scale mapping of the continental shelf to obtaining the highest resolution and accuracies possible at a well-defined site within protected waters.
- Geotechnical, Geochemical, and Biological Seafloor Sampling—EA’s capabilities include collection of surface, deep, and cross-sectional sediment samples as a means to evaluate the physical composition of the seabed and to ground-truth remote sensor data.
- Precision Navigation—Geodetic accuracy and repeatability in positioning are the basis for EA’s seafloor mapping and sampling services.
- Physical/Chemical Oceanography—EA obtains the highest quality physical and chemical oceanographic measurements.
EA’s marine resources services include:
- Benthic Habitat Assessments
- Bottom Boundary, Surface, and Water Column Current Measurements
- Deeper Seabed Characterization
- Fate and Transport Determinations
- Hydrodynamic Modeling
- Precision Bathymetry and Navigation
- Sediment/Substrate Mapping
- Submerged Aquatic Vegetation Mapping
- Turbidity, Salinity, and Thermal Plume Monitoring
- Water Column Profiling and Sampling
- Wave and Tidal Measurements