( page 12 of 23 )
INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
U.S. Army Garrison, Fort Belvoir
Fort Belvoir, Virginia
EA was awarded a contract directly with Fort Belvoir in 2001. Since that time, EA has executed more than 20 delivery orders valued at over $2 million. As part of this effort, EA provides comprehensive support to the Directorate of Public Works in maintaining the installation’s water supply system. Projects encompass the full project cycle, including system evaluation, hydraulic modeling, planning, infrastructure design, and construction oversight, as well as environmental studies and compliance. Project highlights include:
- Master Planning—EA provides ongoing hydraulic modeling analysis for the entire Fort Belvoir water supply system for both existing conditions and throughout multiple phases of the large expansion of the Base Realignment and Closure plans.
- Hydraulic Analysis and Water Quality Assessment—EA provides ongoing hydraulic analysis and water quality assessment of the Fort Belvoir Water Distribution System.
- Total Water Demand Assessment—EA regularly evaluates the water demand placed on the distribution system.
- Vulnerability Assessment and Emergency Response Plan Update Waterline Design—EA provided construction bid documents for the design of multiple waterline replacements and wastewater collection system upgrades.
- Drinking Water Compliance and Quality Support Program—EA provides ongoing drinking water program compliance support, including sampling and reporting.
- Safe Drinking Water Act—EA supported Fort Belvoir in complying with the Safe Drinking Water Act and Commonwealth of Virginia Waterworks Regulations.
- Dogue Creek Marina Clean Water Act and National Environmental Policy Act Technical Support—EA completed a submerged aquatic vegetation survey to support permit application for maintenance dredging of the marina.